Friday, January 15, 2010

So yesterday I told you about using miles for motel rooms. Just in case anyone is confused, I do not advocate using your miles for motel rooms on an everyday basis. I only pointed out this option because I am sure there are people out there like me that have miles accounts that do not get a lot of traffic on them and so the miles do not accumulate very fast. Rather than lose those miles, I will use them on motel rooms or other products that I like. I have a couple of thousand miles in my United account because I shop at Safeway and when you use your Safeway Club Card when making purchases, if you have signed up, you get 1/2 mile for every dollar spent. Since I am shopping there anyway, I might as well get some miles. I will probably use those miles for some dining certificates while in Florida.

If you are not a frequent flyer, and like me only travel for vacations and fun stuff, you will do better if you have only one major miles account. That is how I ended up with some left over Delta miles. I had an account with them, but they did not have good routes for me from my airport and so I switched. After using everything I could on flights, I still had some left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment