Thursday, March 11, 2010

how do you get a good price on rental car

Visit me at Adult-Travels

How do you go about getting a good price on a rental car? When you go on vacation you want the best of everything, that includes a rental car. But you also don't want it to cost you an arm and leg. One of these days, I'd love to go on vacation myself a BMW. but so far I have not found a way to get a good deal on a BMW while on vacation. But I have done fairly well at getting a good price on a convertible when I'm on vacation. So how do I do that? The first thing I do, is when I know I'm going on vacation, I start looking for rental cars. Just as with airfare, you kind of have to have an idea of what kind of price you are looking for. Once you have a firm idea of the price you would like to pay, you can shop around.

The nice thing about rental cars is that you can reserve them in advance without having to pay for them. That way if you find a better price later on, you just cancel the one that you had and book the new one. You can do this as many times as you need until you get the price you want. Once I have a car that I'm happy with the price of, I like to go to Priceline and see if I can beat it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The bad thing about Priceline, is that once you have booked a car and paid for, you are saying you cannot cancel it. But if you have gotten yourself a really good deal on a rental car, you don't really want to cancel it.

Sometimes you will get your best deal on rental car far in advance of your travel dates. And sometimes you can do your best deal last minute. Some people just don't want to put this much time and effort into getting a rental car for their vacation, but for me. It's what I like to do. Part of the fun of vacationing for me is the planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment